Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Whats with all the quotes??

Being a chef, we mostly are not concerned about economic cycles and how the economy is. And that is not such a bad thing in some ways because it sucks. With commodity prices hitting new highs and the dollar hitting new lows, it can be frustrating to hear about our current state.
But because of this reason, I have decided that now is the time to be more involved than ever to keep tabs on what our current status is.

Im breaking it down like this:
Do you want your sales reps or purveyors telling you about the economy and why your paying so much for a bag of flower or imported olive oil?

Or would you like to be telling them on what the euro is or what the trends are for wheat prices.
Plus , I think it looks good be able to know factual data when it comes to the products we handle.

This is a piece of the pie that comes with being a creative chef. This knowledge can help you barter for your item prices.

I am not a futures expert and am quite new to it. I hope to mold this website according to the new knowledge that I learn.
Please feel free to email me or send me a message with website ideas, resources and suggestions.

Videos and more spreadsheets to follow soon

No comments: